Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Knoxville, TN
If your loved one is in a nursing facility, you should be able to trust that they receive the best care possible. So if you notice signs of neglect, you should act quickly. At the Ebbert Law Firm, we focus on neglect cases, and we can help you fight for your loved one’s rights. Our nursing home neglect lawyers for Knoxville, TN, have the experience to help your case succeed.
Signs of Neglect
You may not notice signs of neglect right away, and if your loved one suffers from cognitive impairment, you may have to look closely to determine whether any negligence is involved. Look for clues like:
- Poor hygiene: Residents of a nursing home rely on the employees to maintain their personal hygiene, so if your loved one continually looks unkempt or smells unpleasant, you should watch out for other signs of neglect.
- Weight loss: Some of the most obvious signs of nursing home neglect involve weight loss. If your loved one suffers from malnutrition or dehydration, you almost certainly have a case of neglect.
- Injuries: One of the nursing staff’s primary duties is to prevent those in their care from falling and hurting themselves. If your loved one has fallen due to the staff’s negligence, they may have fractures, bruises, or other injuries.
- Bedsores: An obvious sign of neglect is bedsores or pressure sores. These injuries occur when a person spends too much time in one position, for example, lying on their back. Since those in nursing homes often need help to move, bedsores are a telltale sign of neglect.
- Significant Change in Condition: If your loved ones experience an unexplained change in their condition, that too could be a sign of neglect.
These are often the easiest signs of neglect to spot, but they aren’t the only ones. If you notice other signs that your loved one has been neglected, we can help you compile evidence for your case.
Reasons to Choose Us
We partner with Parke Morris on our negligence cases because we want to do everything we can to help you with your case.
If you need nursing home negligence lawyers to help you fight for your loved one, contact us today at (865) 888-4967.
Leave a Message
We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.
Want to talk to a lawyer?
Use the form to tell us about your legal inquiry, and we’ll call you back to schedule an appointment. Please be as detailed as possible. Include what industry you need service for along with any specific document requests. To help us best serve your inquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment. Our general response time is one business day.
Get Professional Help
Talk To an Ebbert Law Firm Attorney
How It Works
Provide your contact information
Briefly tell us about your case